Saturday 20 November 2010

How to: Recycle old tights/Create long socks from tights!

So, you've got some tights but they've got a huge noticeable hole(s) in them, what do you do? Make socks outa them :) you can do this without holes in your tights first but it's kinda a waste of a pair of tights! :D
So, here's what you gotta do:
  1. Grab a pair of scissors and wear your tights (you can take them off but I find it easier to know how long my socks will be if I'm wearing my tights).
  2. Wherever the hole(s) is just start cutting across, I usually do this just above my knee. If you have no holes just cut into the tights. Try and make it straight-ish but it doesn't matter if it's a bit rough, that won't be showing.
  3. If you want paint clear nail varnish across the top of the cut socks/tights to keep them from ladder-ing (that's not a word is it?) and then roll the tops down just a little I usually roll them down to just below my knees.
  4. Et voila! :D
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment